Air Force has launched a new initiative dubbed “contracts court,” aimed at
reducing the overall number of contracts issued by the Air Force each year,
Secretary Deborah Lee James said during a Dec. 16 open door session with
airmen across the force.
The Air Force will
not continue involuntary force reductions in Fiscal 2015 as previously planned,
Air Force Secretary Deborah Lee James announced Tuesday morning. “Enough is
enough," she said.
The US combat mission
in Afghanistan is over “for all intents and purposes,” Pentagon spokesman Rear
Adm. John Kirby told reporters Tuesday, and while troops still retain self
defense authority, after Jan. 1, 2015, the scenarios under which remaining US
troops will target Taliban will change.
Tweets by @AirForceMag