Apparently when Air Force Secretary Michael Wynne told Congress last month that the Air Force expected to award the combat search and rescue helicopter replacement program contract—for a second time—in February, he didn’t have the latest information. Jim Wolf of Reuters reports that Air Force spokeswoman Lt. Col. Jennifer Cassidy said this week that the award would not come before summer. Wolf could not get Cassidy or anyone else to say why the new delay. The Air Force initially awarded the CSAR-X contract to Boeing, but two protests later, the service has started from scratch.
Three B-1B Lancers from the 7th Bomb Wing flew over the Indo-Pacific alongside F-16s from the Japanese Air Self-Defense Force as part of a joint large force exercise. The mission began and ended in the continental U.S. The bombers flew 31 hours and landed Jan. 11.