The last of 450 new guidance sets have been deployed on the Minuteman III ICBM force, ending the $2.4 billion guidance replacement program “on time and on budget,” said Maj. Gen. Roger Burg, 20th Air Force commander, during a ceremony at F.E. Warren AFB, Wyo., Feb. 25. “We are fully operational and capable,” he added. The project started in 1999 and ended last month with removal of the 1960s-era NS-20 guidance set and addition of the NS-50 on the last missile at Minot AFB, N.D. (F.E. Warren report by TSgt. Kurt Arkenberg)
Sept. 27, 2022
As the Air Force moves forward with its efforts to operationalize the concept of agile combat employment, leaders need to embrace an iterative approach that builds on itself, recognizing that ACE may never be fully complete, Chief of Staff Gen. Charles Q. Brown Jr. said Sept. 27.