- Eliminate six of its 60 tactical air squadrons, as well as one training squadron.
- Terminate the RQ-4 Global Hawk Block 30 remotely piloted aircraft program.
- Divest the fleet of 38 C-27Js; support ground forces with C-130s instead.
- Retire 27 C-5A aircraft, the last remaining C-5As in the inventory, leaving a strategic airlift fleet of 52 C-5Ms and 222 C-17s.
- Phase out 65 of the oldest C-130s, resulting in a fleet of 318 C-130s.
- Make balanced reductions in the Air National Guard, consistent with reductions in the active duty Air Force and Air Force Reserve.
At the same time, the Pentagon will:
- Fund the Air Force's next-generation bomber and sustain the current bomber fleet.
- Move ahead with the Air Force's KC-46A tanker.
- Slow F-35 procurement to complete more testing and allow for developmental changes before buying jets in significant quantities. DOD remains committed to all three F-35 variants.
- Develop a submarine-based conventional prompt global strike option.
(Pentagon budget priorities document and budget fact sheet)