Among the major Air Force-related decisions, the conferees:
- Authorized an end strength of 329,460 Active Duty airmen.
- Adopted language establishing a National Commission on the Structure of the Air Force.
- Approved USAF leadership's modified force structure reduction plan, with the exception of keeping an additional 32 tactical airlifters (C-27s or C-130s) in service, along with 1,000 airmen.
- Prohibited retirement of Global Hawk Block 30 aircraft.
- Allowed block buys of SBIRS GEO-5 and GEO-6 satellites over six years.
- Authorized a 1.7 percent across-the-board pay raise for uniformed service members.
- Established the Military Compensation and Retirement Modernization Commission.