Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. David Goldfein announced the assignment of seven general officers, while Chief of Space Operations Gen. Jay Raymond announced one new assignment. They are:
- Third Air Force commander Maj. Gen. John M. Wood will become director, plans and programs, Headquarters U.S. Africa Command, Stuttgart, Germany.
- Brig. Gen. Julian Cheater, director, intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance operations at U.S. Air Force Headquarters will become deputy director, intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance operations; and director, Joint Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Operations Center on the Joint Staff.
- Brig. Gen. Stewart Hammons, director of expeditionary support at Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas, to director of remotely piloted aircraft and airborne intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance and Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance, and Cyber Effects Operations, Headquarters U.S. Air Force.
- Brig. Gen. David Harris, the director of strategic plans, programs, and requirements at Headquarters Air Force Special Operations, Hurlburt Field, Fla., to director, Air Force Warfighting Integration Capability, Deputy Chief of Staff, Strategy, Integration, and Requirements, Headquarters U.S. Air Force.
- Brig. Gen. Jeffrey King, director of logistics, engineering, and force protection for Pacific Air Forces at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii, to commander of the Oklahoma City Air Logistics Complex, Air Force Materiel Command, Tinker Air Force Base, Okla.
- Brig. Gen. (select) William Betts, chief, Program Integration Division, deputy chief of staff, plans and programs at Headquarters U.S. Air Force to vice commander of First Air Force, Air Forces Northern, Air Combat Command, Tyndall Air Force Base, Fla. (Previously announced as assigned to director, Coalition Air Advisory Training Team; director, Air Operations, CJTF-OIR; commander, 321st Air Expeditionary Wing; and deputy commander, 9th Air Expeditionary Task Force-Levant, Baghdad, Iraq.)
- Brig. Gen. (select) Jennifer Hammerstedt, military assistant to the deputy secretary of defense, to commander of Warner Robins Air Logistics Complex, Air Force Materiel Command, Robins Air Force Base, Ga.
For the Space Force, Raymond announced the assignment of:
- Brig. Gen. (select) Stephen Purdy, senior materiel leader, Space Superiority Directorate, Space and Missile Systems Center to director, strategic plans, programs, requirements, and analysis, Headquarters U.S. Space Force, Peterson Air Force Base, Colo.