The Senate on July 20 confirmed a series of Air Force leaders, including the next commanders of Air Combat Command and Air Mobility Command.
Lt. Gen. Mark D. Kelly will receive his fourth star and take the reins of ACC from retiring Gen. James M. Holmes. Lt. Gen. Jacqueline D. Van Ovost also will receive her fourth star and take over as leader of AMC from retiring Gen. Maryanne Miller.
The Senate also confirmed:
- Lt. Gen. Marc H. Sasseville to be the vice chief of the Air National Guard.
- Maj. Gen. Brian S. Robinson to the rank of lieutenant general and to be the deputy commander of AMC.
- Maj. Gen. Charles L. Moore Jr. to the rank of lieutenant general and to be deputy commander of U.S. Cyber Command.
- Maj. Gen. Andrew A. Croft to the rank of lieutenant general and deputy commander of U.S. Southern Command.
- Maj. Gen. Kirk S. Pierce to the rank of lieutenant general and to be commander of 1st Air Force.
- Col. Kathleen M. Flarity to the rank of brigadier general. Flarity is the mobilization assistant to the command surgeon of AMC.
The Senate, the same day, also confirmed Army Lt. Gen. Daniel R. Hokanson to be the next chief of the National Guard Bureau and USAF Maj. Gen. Michael A. Loh to be the next director of the Air National Guard.