The Air Force has selected 12 Outstanding Airmen of the Year from a pool of 36 nominees representing major commands, direct reporting units, field operating agencies, and Headquarters Air Force. The Airmen were selected based on their “superior leadership, job performance, and personal achievements,” according to a USAF release.
The Airmen, listed here alphabetically, by command of assignment when selected, include:
- Senior Airman Cassidy B. Basney, United States Space Force
- Master Sgt. Douglas K. Brock, Air National Guard
- Tech. Sgt. Jeremiah C. Camper, Air Education and Training Command
- Senior Master Sgt. Verna L. Cannon-Golemboski, Air Force Special Operations Command
- Senior Airman Roxanne Y. Darien, Air Force Materiel Command
- Tech. Sgt. Yvonne N. Febles-Rosario, Air Mobility Command
- Tech. Sgt. Nicole A. Gansert, Air Force Reserve Command
- Senior Master Sgt. Christopher A. Haney, US Air Forces in Europe-Air Forces Africa
- Senior Master Sgt. Wilfred A. Morgan, Air Force Global Strike Command
- Tech. Sgt. Matthew M. O’Neill, Air Combat Command
- Senior Master Sgt. Christopher M. Ricks, Pacific Air Forces
- Senior Airman Portia L. Short, Air Force District of Washington
The Outstanding Airman of the Year program debuted at AFA’s 10th annual National Convention in 1956, and the association has continued to shine a spotlight on the outstanding airmen from each major command every year since.
“AFA congratulates these outstanding leaders for their achievements in their careers thus far—and for all they still have ahead of them,” said AFA President and retired Lt. Gen. Bruce “Orville” Wright.
“I am always amazed by our Outstanding Airmen of the Year,” said AFA Chairman and former Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force Gerald Murray. “We look forward to honoring and celebrating their achievements during AFA’s upcoming Virtual Air, Space & Cyber Conference in September.”